Friday, March 6, 2009

Lamberts, Dead Fish, Overnight Trip. You Are Now Caught Up!

Hello snowed-upon-Maconites and non-snowed-upon-Missourianites!

I would love to blame my lack of blogging on being on a trip, but that trip was only one night, two days.

But the trip was a lot of fun. We woke up at five-thirty to leave, and then drove in the car doing schoolwork and watching movies in turn until around three-o'clock.

Then the fun started. We went swimming in the most wonderful pool! Which was half-indoor half-outdoor! It was so much fun! And it had an awesome hot tub! That, when you flipped a switchy-thingy, bubbles came on! Full force!

We dragged ourselves out of the water at dinner time. Actually, we were sorta glad to get out. Because we got to go to Lamberts!!!!!!!!!!

So after we stuffed our faces full of yummy dumplings and meatloaf and chicken and hamburgers and, of course, fried okra and fried potatos, we went home happy with lots of leftovers. But what's a fancy dinner without ice cream?!

So we stopped at a ice cream parlor. Which of course, was delicious. And we went home and watched Little House on the Prairie re-runs. By then we were exhausted, and drifted happily off to sleep...

The next morning we ate a big breakfast, did some school, got in a final hou of swimming and headed out the door. It was so sad to get into the car, so we went to a honey-tea room and ate some candy.

Oh, and Daddy texted me! Can't you just imagine my excitement?

We went to a Chinease buffet for dinner. And we went home and went to bed.

The end...

Not really.

When I walked in the door, I greeted the kitties, and went to check on our new fish.

I regret to say, not one, but two fish layed on the bottom of our tank.

One of them was Baby Kraken, which was the smaller version of Kraken, the biggest fish in the tank.

And you know who the other one was.

Yes, Zoe Blue the II was flushed away last night. Single teardrop.

Not that I want to leave you with that sad note, but my time is up. I will get some pictures up of the awesome pool and Lamberts.

So long farewell, a...Oh!

Forgot to mention, if you look at the time my posts are, well, posted, they are two hours ahead. I really don't post at six-thirty, am.